Natural oil finish and silver-plated keys make this a beautiful and durable clarinet. Featuring a bell shape and barrel design similar to that of the V Series, the YCL-450 offers a surprisingly 'professional' sound with an easy response. The new bell design gives improved intonation and projection, especially in the all-important lower register, while the new barrel enhances the 450's response, flexibility and tonal focus.
Yamaha Intermediate Clarinets feature a grenadilla body, barrel and bell. These models feature a bell and barrel vertically integrated from the popular Yamaha V-Series models. Undercut tone holes provide accurate intonation and responsive playing. Durable features include power-forged keys and blue-steel springs which stand up to years of use, and an innovative design helps prevent jamming or breaking of the bridge keys.
YCL-450 Model OptionsYamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
- YCL-450N - Intermediate Clarinet; key of B; nickel-plated keys and bell ring; CLC-180 case; 4C mouthpiece
- YCL-450NM - Same as YCL-450N; except upper joint with injection molded inner bore
- New 65mm barrel: The YCL-450 intermediate model clarinet incorporates some of the distinct qualities of Yamaha's professional and custom clarinets. One of these features is a 65mm barrel design that produces a focused tone and quick response. Players looking to "step-up" their performance will do just that with this instrument.
- New bell design: Nothing can be more frustrating than a soft sounding, out of tune instrument. A new resonance chamber in the bell of the YCL-450 aids in projection and improves intonation in lower notes, allowing for consistency and confidence.
- "Blue" steel spring material: Intermediate instruments need to feel different than student model instruments. Part of making the YCL-450 "feel" better is the upgrade in spring material. Blue steel springs give